When the medicines don't work, a little love does. When the chocolate cant cheer you up, a warm hug does. Dad's teasing ruffle of your hair, matter more than that crocodile print Gucci. Walking barefoot on grass, with the tender stalks shyly curling up your toes feels indescribably pleasant. One new notification on facebook. Couriers. Coffee steaming up your glasses.

Its always the small things in life that matter and count :)

Monday 30 May 2011

Of my own little concrete cocoon of bliss ( My room).



I love my room. 



Its my alcove, its me.


I love the paper butterflies,that I have stuck to the wall, their wings folded,as if ready to fly. The walls are blue,matte finish. The tube light, hurling shards of its glittery,plastic light at it, makes them glisten- an uneven wave of spongy,shiny softness on the brick creation. 

Once,these packets,dangling from an old,dying wire in a shop caught my attention. A merry hotchpotch of colors, swathed in translucent plastic.On closer inspection, they were stickers of butterflies and honeybees- oh so quaint! The colors were so jolly!Like,fat lil droplets falling back noisily, after splashing on the black,graphic border.  I bought them by a dozen, and spent one,extremely ecstatic afternoon sticking them all over the walls. The same shop once had these packets of neon colored hearts-colors so jubilantly bright, that I was once again found, happily sticking them over my bed, one glorious afternoon. I tell you, it was so ticklish- that feeling, when I pulled each one out of their plastic houses; that sticky-wicky gummy "sssssshrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" of adhesive, and with princess-like flourish, stuck them in random, mad fashion all over.

So now I have a blue wall with red-pink-yellow syrupy dots blinking winking at me, every day every night. I love it!

I have this one happy corner in my room. On my suitcase, draped in a bed-sheet, the color of a squishy,healthy tomato, sits the cutest stool on earth. Pink felt cover, with hearts yawning and oozing all over it. My princess hairband and my bangle of silver,tinkling coins stands on it . Princess hairband of fading silver encircles a smiling teddy hugging a cup made of velvet fur. I heart chocolates is needled across its mossy face.  Next to him, in a basket woven of amber straw with a handle draped in brilliant blue ribbon, sits a tiny dog, wearing cocky sunglasses in red. Satin strands of green and blue are weeping all over it. 



On the wall above, I stuck this Nun bag, so cheery pink in color. And other tid-bits of paper, for their canary colors. And those smart stirrers from HRC. A yellow chimney of scrap paper, squirrels it way up, right to the top. Thats my technicolor wall. A happy confusing riot of paint.

The favoritest thing in my room is my kitschy paper chandelier. I hung it, from ribbon on my window-a funny, pumpkiny color. Oh-oh-oh, its so pretty! A lantern made of blue.The palest,prettiest, demure blue. Ribbed all over. I stuck green butterflies all over its paper body. And dangling from its heart, are a series of butterflies, sown together, with little bells in between them, which make the most divine sound, when the wind playfully nudges the lantern. Oh Twisha! Thank you so much for making it for me! My winsome winsome chandelier.


4 years inside these walls, I loathe to leave!


5 comments:

  1. every damn good thing comes to an end, leaving behind a wave of memories to ride upon one ordinary afternoon. its the little bits and pieces, that will one day remind you of the glory days spent in four glorious years

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the image ryt nowwww!aah, it looks merrier, here! :D Im so glad, YOU have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tweeentle :) Its my favoritest thing, I tell you! I love the way it makes this exquisite chimes!
    <3 you baby :*

    ReplyDelete