When the medicines don't work, a little love does. When the chocolate cant cheer you up, a warm hug does. Dad's teasing ruffle of your hair, matter more than that crocodile print Gucci. Walking barefoot on grass, with the tender stalks shyly curling up your toes feels indescribably pleasant. One new notification on facebook. Couriers. Coffee steaming up your glasses.

Its always the small things in life that matter and count :)

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Of Childhood and being Daddy's little girl.

Pleasant happy sight of a family of four frolicking in the park, outside my hostel. A little twinge of sadness for having grown-up, and a sweet happiness at the innocence of children.

I missed Daddy like crazy, when I saw the father, lift his tiny daughter up in his arms, and smothering her with kisses. And when he swung her round and around her,and I could see her face breaking into breath-taking delight. The older daughter was pulling at her Mum's white suit, gesticulating towards a stray, beggarly puppy. All of them, were barefoot on the green grass, I could see their flashy footwear flung carelessly along the stone border of the lawn.



Sometimes, I wish I was a little girl all over again, in a cute, flouncy pinafore and a hankie pinned in a triangle to my front. Scooby Doo school bag, and a red water bottle slung across my neck. My coveted possession was my Donald Duck finger ring and the scariest thing that could happen was getting lost in the super market. And the MOSTEST important thing was to brush your teeth twice daily, and never have too many chocolates, for the gummy yummy brown might make our teeth go bad. " I will tell to Miss",chant by that kid with huge, black eyes, used to give you frightful jitters.

Oh how I wish, I could right now cuddle to my Dad, enormous blankets, covering us in a snowy mass, and s the blue-blue patched mosquito net above us. 

7 comments:

  1. no matter how much you grow up, you will always be your dad's lil gal and princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thats the truest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again....hats off girl..so well written... i so agree wid u!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I know. Miss being a kid! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww :)
    So Well Written +2
    Ps : Love your blog description :)

    ReplyDelete