When the medicines don't work, a little love does. When the chocolate cant cheer you up, a warm hug does. Dad's teasing ruffle of your hair, matter more than that crocodile print Gucci. Walking barefoot on grass, with the tender stalks shyly curling up your toes feels indescribably pleasant. One new notification on facebook. Couriers. Coffee steaming up your glasses.

Its always the small things in life that matter and count :)

Friday 27 April 2012

Stuck on you.


I plugged in my earphones, those little white buds fixed themselves tightly like bed bugs into my ears. Laid down on the bed, my back arched against the little mountain of multicolored pillows. Pressed the play button with my fully-bitten raw red thumb ( One of my bad habits).

Just two single chords, married together in the most hallowed nuptials of symphony and the most sublime song wisped into my ears; in heartwarming tufts of notes and syllables. Stuck on you. Lionel Richie.

How beautiful is the song? Imagine that hot, sticky furious day when you were  sitting listlessly, while sweat swam in stinking rivulets down your breasts? Your skin is glutnious and the tee shirt has damp patches all over it?  And then there is that sudden breeze. Shakes the tee shirt off your body, shakes it off its clingy self and you get this scrumptious, delightful feeling as the wind tickles your balmy skin and has playful baby-soft hands powdering the sweat off you?  Your messiah in that nickel heat it was. 

Oh, I am stuck on you, I got this feeling down deep in the soul that I just cant lose, Guess I am on my way! 

Maybe its his voice. That gives you those ineffable shivers. Down there, down there in the pit of the stomach. It makes you want to enact that song, makes you dream about yourself- coiffed hair and a sheer white flower kissed dress and a man, a gorgeous  man stringing the guitar just for you. You feel yourself blush, a pink as deep as your tongue stains your cheeks, you unwittingly curl your toes and the blanket gets scrunched by them. 

You know, everytime I have heard the song? I have nodded my head to certain paragraphs, smiled and did that crinkly thing I do only when I am so happy that balloons are popping inside me. Pop, pop, POP. You see,I do this quick crinkle and purse my eyes into cute little almond slits, bite my lips and blow my cheeks  to form mongoloid rasogulla's. And then I feel like doing that slow motion dance, where you slice the air with your outstretched arm and you tiptoe, not walk in small, jumpy steps and do the pirouette. You almost believe you have an audience. 

Ok, I am done. I am in heart with the song! Give it a hear, everyone! 

Much, much ballooney Love! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6MgcBvl3SY

1 comment: